This past Monday (July 1st), we were excited to release our newest menu changes for the summer months. Our new Kitchen Team Leader, Damien Lawrence, wanted to focus on a fresh, light menu for the hottest part of the year. For the first time in Black Star’s history we will be consolidating the lunch and dinner menu into one static menu that will be available all day long, so you won’t miss out on any of the dishes no matter what time you come in. A few highlights for this menu change are:
– Catch of the Day: a rotating seared fish dish with seasonal vegetables and basmati rice
– Fried Avocado Tacos: two beer battered avocados, dressed arugula, pickled red onion, corn tortillas
– Wings are on the menu! Both fried chicken and vegan wings tossed in house buffalo sauce, with a rotating selection of additional sauces.
– Fried Cheese Curds, Bangers and Mash, and Shrimp and Grits are gone 🙁
- The Impossible Burger has switched to The Beyond Burger due to ongoing availability issues. We will do our best to get the Impossible whenever we can, but we are (as we know many of you are) pretty disappointed about this shortage.
We will still have a separate Brunch Menu Saturday and Sunday. Changes include:
– Chicken and Waffles is now Chicken and Grits
– Quiche with Seasonal Vegetables and Cheese
– Avocado Toast now on the brunch menu! This item will be super modifiable/customizable.
– Quarter English and Tri-tip and Eggs both gone 🙁
We hope everyone enjoys this new menu as much as we do. We look forward to your feedback, and we’ll see you at the pub soon!