Black Star Co-op is the world’s first co-operatively owned and worker self-managed brewpub. Founded in early 2006, we have grown to close to 3,000 member-owners.
Currently, we are looking for a part-time bookkeeper to join the Business Team. This position will be apprenticeship track for a Workers’ Assembly member position.
What You’ll Do
- Create journal entries using AccountEdge/Acclivity/MYOB
- Track inventory
- Reconcile accounts
- Participate in biweekly team meetings and monthly Workers’ Assembly meetings
- Prepare financial statements for the Board of Directors
- Assist other workers in using financial statements
- Work together in a co-operative, self-managed environment
- Participate in regular meetings and trainings
- Learn every day
- Improve yourself, your Team, and Black Star Co-op
- Make the world a better place
- Mac and MYOB experience
- 2+ years bookkeeping experience
- Restaurant bookkeeping experience
- Familiarity with worker managed businesses or co-ops
What You’ll Need
- Ability to project an outgoing, friendly, and helpful personality
- Ability to communicate openly, honestly, and respectfully at all times
- Bookkeeping and Financial Knowledge
- Must thrive on change, innovation, and teamwork
- Bar/restaurant experience
- Experience in a worker co-op or other democratic workplace
- A love of kitten videos
Starting pay is $12 per hour with paid time off. Eligibility for pay raise after three months. Estimated part time status is 20-30 hours per week. Flexible scheduling available.
Please fill out the information below to apply for this job.