Every fall Black Star Co-op Member-Owners vote for three Board of Director positions. Directors review and craft policies and principles, represent the interests of all Member-Owners, and collaborate with the Workersʼ Assembly. Take your love of Black Star Co-op to the next level by running for the Board. To run for the Board, you must:
• Be a fully invested Member-Owner
• Attend at least one Black Star Board Meeting within the last year (next one is September 26that 6pm)
• Attend a Candidate Orientation Session at Black Star
• Submit your Declaration of Candidacy form
Interested, but have questions before you decide to run? Ready to run, but want more information about how to start the process? Your first step is contacting the Leadership Development Committee through email: email@example.com.
- If you have not yet paid your balance, you can do so online or at the Co-op.
- Candidate Orientation Sessions (15-20 minutes long) are open invitation every Friday in Sept. from 4:30 to 6:30 at Black Star Co-op.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an Election Packet. It contains information about the election, important dates, candidate questions for the website, and the Declaration of Candidacy form. All forms must be submitted no later than September 22nd, 2017 by 11:59pm.